Mystery novels have always been popular among readers. These books keep readers engaged, curious, and on edge throughout the story. If you are someone who loves mystery novels, there are plenty of books to add to your reading list. Here are 15 of the best mystery novels that are sure to keep you engaged from beginning to end:
- “The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes” by Arthur Conan Doyle: This classic collection of short stories features the famous detective Sherlock Holmes and his partner Dr. Watson.
- “Murder on the Orient Express” by Agatha Christie: This classic mystery novel is set on a train journey from Istanbul to Calais and features the famous detective, Hercule Poirot.
- “Gone Girl” by Gillian Flynn: This psychological thriller tells the story of a woman who goes missing on her fifth wedding anniversary and the investigation that follows.
- “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” by Stieg Larsson: This crime thriller introduces us to the character of Lisbeth Salander, a computer hacker, and journalist Mikael Blomkvist.
- “The Da Vinci Code” by Dan Brown: This fast-paced thriller involves a cryptologist and symbologist trying to solve a murder mystery while uncovering hidden secrets of the Catholic Church.
- “The Cuckoo’s Calling” by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling): This crime novel follows private investigator Cormoran Strike as he investigates the suicide of a famous supermodel.
- “The Silent Patient” by Alex Michaelides: This psychological thriller tells the story of a woman who shoots her husband and then refuses to speak, and the therapist who is determined to uncover the truth.
- “The Hound of the Baskervilles” by Arthur Conan Doyle: Another classic Sherlock Holmes novel, this story follows the detective and his partner as they investigate a mysterious death on the moors.
- “In the Woods” by Tana French: This crime novel is the first in the Dublin Murder Squad series and follows Detective Rob Ryan as he investigates a murder in a small Irish town.
- “The Name of the Rose” by Umberto Eco: This historical murder mystery is set in a 14th-century Italian monastery and involves the investigation of several murders.
- “The Maltese Falcon” by Dashiell Hammett: This classic hardboiled detective novel introduces us to private investigator Sam Spade as he investigates the disappearance of a priceless statue.
- “The Big Sleep” by Raymond Chandler: This classic noir novel introduces us to private detective Philip Marlowe as he investigates a wealthy family’s secrets.
- “The Secret History” by Donna Tartt: This psychological thriller tells the story of a group of students at a small liberal arts college in New England and the secrets they keep.
- “The Silence of the Lambs” by Thomas Harris: This thriller introduces us to FBI agent Clarice Starling as she investigates a serial killer with the help of the infamous Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
- “The Reversal” by Michael Connelly: This legal thriller follows attorney Mickey Haller as he switches sides to become a prosecutor and investigates a high-profile case.
In conclusion, these 15 mystery novels are some of the best books for readers who love the genre. Each book offers a unique plot, memorable characters, and unexpected twists and turns that are sure to keep readers engaged and on the edge of their seats. Whether you are a fan of classic mysteries or modern thrillers, there is something for everyone on this list. So, grab a book, curl up, and get ready for a thrilling ride.